By A. A. Borovkov,K. A. Borovkov
Read Online or Download Asymptotic Analysis of Random Walks: Heavy-Tailed Distributions (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications) PDF
Best differential equations books
This ebook is a finished choice of recognized effects concerning the Lozi map, a piecewise-affine model of the Henon map. Henon map is likely one of the such a lot studied examples in dynamical platforms and it draws loads of cognizance from researchers, but it is hard to research analytically. easier constitution of the Lozi map makes it enhanced for such research.
The target of this self-contained ebook is two-fold. First, the reader is brought to the modelling and mathematical research utilized in fluid mechanics, specially about the Navier-Stokes equations that's the elemental version for the stream of incompressible viscous fluids. Authors introduce mathematical instruments in order that the reader is ready to use them for learning many other forms of partial differential equations, particularly nonlinear evolution difficulties.
The lifestyles and qualitative houses of nontrivial strategies for a few very important nonlinear Schrӧdinger platforms were studied during this thesis. For a well known method bobbing up from nonlinear optics and Bose-Einstein condensates (BEC), within the subcritical case, qualitative houses of floor country strategies, together with an optimum parameter variety for the lifestyles, the individuality and asymptotic behaviors, were investigated and the consequences may first of all in part solution open questions raised by way of Ambrosetti, Colorado and Sirakov.
Because the yr 2000, we've witnessed numerous remarkable leads to geometry that experience solved long-standing difficulties comparable to the Poincaré conjecture, the Yau–Tian–Donaldson conjecture, and the Willmore conjecture. There are nonetheless many very important and demanding unsolved difficulties together with, between others, the Strominger–Yau–Zaslow conjecture on reflect symmetry, the relative Yau–Tian–Donaldson conjecture in Kähler geometry, the Hopf conjecture, and the Yau conjecture at the first eigenvalue of an embedded minimum hypersurface of the field.
- The Ricci Flow in Riemannian Geometry: A Complete Proof of the Differentiable 1/4-Pinching Sphere Theorem (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Modeling and Inverse Problems in the Presence of Uncertainty (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs and Research Notes in Mathematics)
- Abstract Parabolic Evolution Equations and their Applications (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
- Constant Mean Curvature Surfaces with Boundary (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
- First-Order Partial Differential Equations, Vol. 1 (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- Elliptic Equations: An Introductory Course (Birkhäuser Advanced Texts Basler Lehrbücher)
Extra info for Asymptotic Analysis of Random Walks: Heavy-Tailed Distributions (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)